With intrastate and some interstate border restrictions now relaxed, we look forward to welcoming back those of you able to travel. With self-contained accommodation, flexible dining options and a range of additional measures to continue your social distancing, we are ready and waiting to welcome you.
Please note under no circumstances do we accept guests seeking to quarantine following their arrival in Western Australia. Depending on your departure port and current border restrictions, you may be asked to show evidence of a negative COVID-19 test prior to arrival. Should you not be able to produce current test results for each guest if requested, we are not able to check you in. We thank you in advance for your understanding in this challenging time.
We continue to monitor Federal and State Government websites to ensure our facilities and staff are practicing best principles to keep you and your loved ones safe. For the most updated information, please refer to the Western Australian Government Department of Health’s Coronavirus website.
Safety and Hygiene
We always take our hygiene and cleanliness standards very seriously, yet in the face of the COVID-19 virus we have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and employees, following the latest strict guidelines that address a broad spectrum of viruses including COVID-19. All staff have completed Government regulated COVID-19 Hygiene Safety Training and we have trained Hygiene Safety Officers on site at all times. We have completed our Government mandated COVID Safety Plan and obtained certification.
Our team are taking extra care with regularly used items, such as door handles, remote controls, taps and light switches. While it is not a requirement for our staff to wear face masks or gloves for all aspects of their role, for the comfort of our guests these are available to them and may be worn if requested.
Other key measures include stringent handwashing and sanitising hygiene, upgraded use of disinfectant and the implementation of procedures, including increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys, kitchens and bathrooms, as well as all back-of-house areas. We ask that guests adhere to social distancing measures when checking in or guests may choose a non-contact check in.
Our onsite professional surface tennis court and two swimming pools are open however please remember social distancing requirements.
We ask that all guests please remember social distancing and hygiene requirements at all times when at the resort or in the region. If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you change your travel until you are displaying no symptoms. If you have any concerns with regards to your health or safety, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Making your stay more comfortable
- All our accommodation is fully self contained, with full size kitchens plus in room laundry with washing machines and dryers, or washer/dryer combo in the Beach Shacks, making them ideal for social distancing.
- Our Apartments, Villas and Beach Houses are over-sized, giving you plenty of indoor and outdoor space to stay and relax.
- All accommodation provides complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi so you can keep your life moving even when not at home.
- You have the choice to customise your housekeeping preferences, from daily servicing or mid stay only, to no housekeeping servicing in which case we are happy to deliver supplies to your door should you wish. Just let us know at time of booking. Please note for the health of our staff and guests, any room servicing will only be undertaken when guests are not present in the room.
- We are happy to offer you a no-contact check in should you prefer, meaning you are not required to visit us upon arrival (although we’d love to welcome you!). Simply let us know of this preference and we will email you all required check-in documentation.
- Hand sanitiser has been provided in all guest rooms.
Food and Beverage
- Please note Lamont’s Restaurant and Deli/Wine Store are open with reduced trading hours as follows;
- MON-FRI Breakfast and Deli 7am to 11am / Dinner and Deli 4pm to 8pm. Closed other hours
- FRI-SUN Open 7am to 9pm across both venues.
- Please note for your convenience, Lamont’s will be open all day 7am to 9pm during School Holidays.
- Our guests may still order chef prepared ready made meals or pre-arrival pantry stock option, which means no visiting supermarkets prior to your stay (or during your stay if you run out of anything!). Please provide at least 24 hours for pantry stock.
- We also offer a range of boxed hampers which can be delivered to your room prior to your stay.
Out and about in the region
- Our unparalleled location ensures that we are in a pristine, uncrowded environment. For those who need to venture out into the region, most wineries, restaurants, cafes and attractions are open. Strict social distancing measures apply. For more information on what is open, please contact our team or visit the local tourism office website HERE
- For those wishing for social distance, experiences are right on our doorstep, from the stunning Cape to Cape Walking Track and Canal Rocks to iconic Smiths Beach. No crowds and no transport required!
- With regards to our Experiences offered through this website, please contact our team should you have any queries with regards to operations and availability. They will be happy to provide you with the latest updates on current operations and recommendations.
We understand this is an unsettling time for everyone, particularly those with travel plans. However, rest assured we will keep all our guests and customers fully updated with any changes to the situation here in Western Australia and at Smiths Beach Resort.
Feel free to contact us directly via EMAIL if you’d like more information or to discuss any upcoming plans.