It may seem like the world is upside down right now, but we are here to assist you in any way possible and ensure that as a community, we make it through this.
Should you wish to change your travel plans with us, we would love you to consider changing the dates of travel instead of cancelling. Together we can ensure that the future of the tourism industry is brighter and ready to welcome you back!
The health and safety of our guests, employees and community is of the highest importance to us. Since the outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we’ve been closely monitoring Federal and State Government announcements and are following directives from these agencies. As per Federal Government guidelines, hotels may remain open however we encourage you to consider guidelines with regards to non-essential travel. For the safety of our local community and our staff, please do not travel if you are feeling unwell or have recently been overseas.
For the most updated information, please refer to the Western Australian Government Department of Health’s Coronavirus website.
Safety and Hygiene
We always take our hygiene and cleanliness standards very seriously, yet in the face of the COVID-19 virus we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and employees, following the latest strict guidelines that address a broad spectrum of viruses including COVID-19.
These measures include stringent handwashing and sanitising hygiene, upgraded use of disinfectant and the implementation of procedures, including increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys, kitchens and bathrooms, as well as all back-of-house areas. We ask that only one guest at a time enters Reception or guests may choose a non-contact check in.
We ask that all guests please remember social distancing and hygiene requirements at all times when at the resort or in the region.
Making your stay more comfortable
- All our accommodation is fully self contained, with full size kitchens plus in room laundry with washing machines and dryers, or washer/dryer combo in the Beach Shacks, making them ideal for longer stays requiring self-isolation.
- Our Apartments, Villas and Beach Houses are over-sized, giving you plenty of indoor and outdoor space to stay and relax without feeling walled in.
- All accommodation provides complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi so you can keep your life moving even when not at home.
- You have the choice to customise your housekeeping preferences, from daily servicing or mid stay only, to no housekeeping servicing in which case we are happy to deliver supplies to your door should you wish. Just let us know at time of booking.
- We are happy to offer you a no-contact check in should you prefer, meaning you are not required to visit us upon arrival (although we’d love to welcome you!). Simply let us know of this preference and we will email you all required check-in documentation.
Food and Beverage
- As per Federal Government requirements, Lamont’s Restaurant along with their Gourmet Deli and Wine Store are open 7 days per week from 7:30am til late for take away and room delivery only.
- Lamont’s are now offering complete room service which can be delivered to your room (or to your doorstep if preferred). For any orders over $100, the room service fee of $15 is waived or you can also choose to self-collect for free.
- Lamont’s offer a complete pre-arrival pantry stock option, which means no visiting supermarkets prior to your stay (or during your stay if you run out of anything!)
- If you want a simple meal in the privacy of your room or on our uncrowded beaches and surrounds, you can choose to order Lamont’s signature boxed fish & chips or a range of chef prepared ready made meals.
- We also offer a range of boxed hampers which can be delivered to your room prior to your stay.
Out and about in the region
- Our unparalleled location ensures that we are in a pristine, uncrowded environment. For those who are still wishing to venture out into the region, please be aware a number of restaurants, cafes and wineries are now closed or operating in a limited capacity following Federal guidelines. Strict social distancing measures apply.
- For those wishing for social distance, experiences are right on our doorstep, from the stunning Cape to Cape Walking Track and Canal Rocks to iconic Smiths Beach. No crowds and no transport required!
- Our onsite professional surface tennis court remains open however please remember 4 sq metre requirement. Due to Federal requirements and to ensure guest and staff safety, both our pools are now closed.
- With regards to our Experiences offered through this website, please contact our team should you have any queries with regards to operations and availability. They will be happy to provide you with the latest updates on current operations and recommendations.
Terms & Conditions
In response the the evolving situation, take comfort that we have revised our booking Terms and Conditions for bookings made direct with the resort as follows. Please note these conditions are valid for new bookings only made from 18th March 2020 .
- If you have booked a Standard Rate from the 18th of March 2020 for travel from 18th of March – 30th September 2020, you can cancel your booking up to 48 hours prior to arrival date. If you are cancelling your booking within 48 hours of your arrival date, any funds paid are not refundable and date changes are not permitted. We require a 20 % deposit at the time of booking and the remainder is due 48 hours before your arrival date.
- When booking Special Offer Rates (for example Stay & Save, Bed & Breakfast, Margaret River Escape packages) for travel from 18th of March – 30th September 2020 the full amount of the package is due at time of booking. If you wish to cancel your booking, we will issue you a credit voucher that may be used up to 12 months from the date of cancellation.
- For any bookings made for stays from 1st of October 2020, our Standard Terms and Conditions will apply.
We understand this is an unsettling time for everyone, particularly those with travel plans. However, rest assured we will keep all our guests and customers fully updated with any changes to the situation here in Western Australia and at Smiths Beach Resort.
Feel free to contact us directly via EMAIL if you’d like more information or to discuss any upcoming plans.