With intrastate and most interstate border restrictions now relaxed, we look forward to welcoming back those of you able to travel. With self-contained accommodation, flexible dining options and a range of additional measures to continue your social distancing, we are ready and waiting to welcome you.
For the safety of our guests and staff, at all times please remember physical distancing and stay home if you are feeling unwell.
Mandatory Contact Tracing
As per State Government guidelines, we do require all guests to register for contract tracing purposes. The Government has released the free SafeWA contact register app, which can be used to scan QR codes at Smiths Beach Resort for fast and simple contact registration. All guests are asked to download the SafeWA contact register app via Apple or Google Play below prior to their stay. Registration via the SafeWA app will be required for all visitors 16 years and older for each separate visit. If you don’t have a smartphone, please advise our team on check in to receive details on manual registration. We ask all guests to sanitise hands prior to entry into Reception and limit guest numbers in Reception to ensure social distancing.
Please note under no circumstances do we accept guests seeking to quarantine following their arrival in Western Australia. Depending on your departure port and current border restrictions, you may be asked to show evidence of a negative COVID-19 test prior to arrival. Should you not be able to produce current test results for each guest if requested, we are not able to check you in. We thank you in advance for your understanding in this challenging time.
We continue to monitor Federal and State Government websites to ensure our facilities and staff are practicing best principles to keep you and your loved ones safe. For the most updated information, please refer to the Western Australian Government Department of Health’s Coronavirus website.
Safety and Hygiene
We always take our hygiene and cleanliness standards very seriously, yet in the face of the COVID-19 virus we have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and employees, following the latest strict guidelines that address a broad spectrum of viruses including COVID-19. All staff have completed Government regulated COVID-19 Hygiene Safety Training and we have trained Hygiene Safety Officers on site at all times. We have completed our Government mandated COVID Safety Plan and obtained certification.
Our team are taking extra care with regularly used items, such as door handles, remote controls, taps and light switches. While it is not a requirement for our staff to wear face masks or gloves for all aspects of their role, for the comfort of our guests these are available to them and may be worn if requested.
Other key measures include stringent handwashing and sanitising hygiene, upgraded use of disinfectant and the implementation of procedures, including increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys, kitchens and bathrooms, as well as all back-of-house areas.
We ask that guests adhere to social distancing measures when checking in or guests may choose a non-contact check in – please let us know.
Our onsite professional surface tennis court and two swimming pools are open however please remember social distancing requirements.
We ask that all guests please remember social distancing and hygiene requirements at all times when at the resort or in the region. If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you change your travel until you are displaying no symptoms. If you have any concerns with regards to your health or safety, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Making your stay more comfortable
- All our accommodation is fully self contained, with full size kitchens plus in room laundry with washing machines and dryers, or washer/dryer combo in the Beach Shacks, making them ideal for social distancing.
- Our Apartments, Villas and Beach Houses are over-sized, giving you plenty of indoor and outdoor space to stay and relax.
- All accommodation provides complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi so you can keep your life moving even when not at home.
- You have the choice to customise your housekeeping preferences, from daily servicing or mid stay only, to no housekeeping servicing in which case we are happy to deliver supplies to your door should you wish. Just let us know at time of booking. Please note for the health of our staff and guests, any room servicing may only be undertaken when guests are not present in the room.
- We are happy to offer you a no-contact check in should you prefer, meaning you are not required to visit us upon arrival (although we’d love to welcome you!). Simply let us know of this preference and we will email you all required check-in documentation.
- Hand sanitiser has been provided in all guest rooms.
Food and Beverage
- Lamont’s is currently open as per the following hours;
- MON – FRI 7am – 11am and 4pm – 9pm
- SAT-SUN 7am to 9pm
- Chef prepared ready made meals and self-collection room service are also available during opening hours.
Out and about in the region
- Our unparalleled location ensures that we are in a pristine, uncrowded environment. For those who need to venture out into the region, wineries, restaurants, cafes and attractions are open. Strict social distancing measures apply and we suggest pre-booking wherever possible. For more information on what is open, please contact our team or visit the local tourism office website HERE
- For those wishing for social distance, experiences are right on our doorstep, from the stunning Cape to Cape Walking Track and Canal Rocks to iconic Smiths Beach. No crowds and no transport required!
- With regards to our Experiences offered through this website, please contact our team should you have any queries with regards to operations and availability. They will be happy to provide you with the latest updates on current operations and recommendations.
Changes to your booking
For reservations made direct with the resort, please contact our team for any changes or queries. Your booking Terms and Conditions remain however if you are not able to travel due to Government COVID-19 restrictions, we are happy to offer you a change of date or credit voucher for 12 months from date of cancellation. Please note rate variations may apply for future bookings and all bookings are subject to availability. Credit vouchers are issued according to original monetary value.
Third Party Bookings
For changes to reservations made via a travel agent, including online travels agents, please contact your agent directly. The following numbers may assist:
- Qantas Holidays 1300 443 485
- Booking.com Via Booking App
- Expedia 1800 229 825
Unfortunately our team are not permitted to make changes to your reservation directly without written advice from your agent.
We understand this is an unsettling time for everyone, particularly those with travel plans. However, rest assured we will keep all our guests and customers fully updated with any changes to the situation here in Western Australia and at Smiths Beach Resort.
Feel free to contact us directly via EMAIL if you’d like more information or to discuss any upcoming plans.