In August 2022 we installed 270 solar panels in order to support our commitment to the environment and commence using renewable energy.
With our location in a pristine natural environment, it is important to us to minimise our carbon footprint and contribute to ensuring that places like neighboring Smiths Beach and the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park will continue to be around for generations to come.
Upgrades to the resort in recent years, including heating our swimming pool, require more power and installing solar is a way to ensure that we do not compromise on guest comfort while still being environmentally conscious.
We know that our guests and the local community are increasingly concerned about their carbon footprint and this project will be reassuring to many visitors who wish to holiday with us.
Introducing solar power is part of our greater plan to be more environmentally conscious that has also included reducing plastics in our consumables.
This significant project is just the start of our renewable energy journey, and we expect to learn more and adjust our usage as we progress.
The solar panel system:
- Includes a total of 270 solar panels
- Includes a total surface area of 500m2 or the equivalent of 2 tennis courts!
- Will provide approximately 164,000kWh per annum
- Will lead to savings of 275,000 litres of water per annum (compared to coal generation)
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 130 tonnes per annum.