If there is a season that best showcases the Margaret River Region, it has to be summer!
A stay at Smiths Beach Resort highlights the very best of the season, with luxury accommodation located on a pristine white sand beach, surrounded by nature and within throwing distance of some of the state’s best wineries.
A moment of zen
There is no better way to embrace relaxation during your holiday than stretching out with a yoga session. Listening to the waves break on the shore is the perfect soundtrack for this activity.
- Yoga at Yallingup is back for the summer with beautiful classes on the grass overlooking the Yallingup lagoon.
- Private yoga on the balcony of your Ocean View Villa. Email our reservations team to arrange this moment of bliss email@example.com.
Take advantage of the warm balmy evenings by dining outside while watching with the sun set behind the horizon. With a barbeque on every balcony or courtyard you can also embrace this classic Australian pastime.
- Order a delicious hamper or pantry order to ensure your food is waiting for you in your room on arrival.
- Let the wine region come to you with a private tasting experience in the comfort of your own room. Wine Educator Charlotte Newton will provide local wines and matching cheeses while you relax and learn about our region’s greatest commodity.
There are limited businesses open over Christmas and Boxing Day throughout the region but the Margaret River Busselton Tourism Authority have collated those that are open over these two days to help you plan your trip.
- Pre-ordering Christmas lunch from our onsite restaurant Lamont’s. With limited preparation required, you and your family can enjoy Christmas morning on the beach before sitting down to a traditional Christmas lunch in your own room. Order your Lamont’s Christmas Hamper before the 18 December to secure your booking.
The school holidays are the ideal time to make lasting family memories in the South West of Western Australia. Many of our nearby attractions cater for both children and families, making it the perfect holiday for all ages.
- From the 27 December to 15 January attend the Summer festival at Aravina Winery. The festival will include Aravina’s famous playground, newly re-launched restaurant, live music and delicious beverages.
- As the temperatures rise, head underground and explore one the of ancient limestone caves dotted throughout the region. Ngilgi Cave is located just a 5 minute drive Smiths Beach and recently upgraded their facilities to include information from local cultural custodian.
Movies at Cape Mentelle
Each summer, esteemed winery Cape Mentelle welcomes guests to their grounds for an outdoor cinema experience complete with wine, snacks and a food truck.
As a partner of the movies, Smiths Beach Resort can offer guests special tickets with access to reserved front row spots. There are limited tickets available to each showing, so ensure you email our reservations team to secure your spot firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seeing the Barbie movie on Wednesday 27 Dec 2023 and Saturday 20 Jan 2024
- Book transport with the team from Go In Style Transport to enjoy Cape Mentelle’s premium wines safely.
Stay longer in paradise
While there are plenty of activities to keep you busy during your vacation, don’t forget to put some time aside to relax at the beach or swim in our infinity pool.
- Book more than three nights and save on your rate. Explore our Special Offers for more information.
Swim the days away
The region shines a beautiful turquoise colour as the sun lights up our coastal waters. Whether you are seeking solstice in our resort pool, beachside bliss or an adventure to a nearby rockpool we have everything you need to escape the summer heat.
- Once a local secret, the Natural Aquarium is a tidal/rock pool that is protected from the swell and boasts fantastic snorkelling. Access on foot from Smiths Beach via the Cape to Cape Track or by car via Canal Rocks Road.
- Confident swimmers and surfers can head north along the Smiths Beach while young children and the less confident can head south where the rocks along Smiths Point provide a calm protected lagoon-like water.
- If the ocean is too cold both of our resort pools are heated to a luxurious 28 degrees.